Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cruisin' Baja Mexico

What a nice week away! James and I got to go on a cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico with Mary and Casey. We started out the vacation in Orange, Cali. where we stayed at a motel for 2 nights. Our first adventure was to Hollywood and Beverly Hills. We somehow found our way to this observatory that was on the top of a hill. It was kind of cool and we got our first Hollywood sign picture! Then we drove through Beverly Hills and past the street where the Oscars were being held that night. Then we ended up at Santa Monica Beach. It was a neat day of driving around and seeing the sites. Oh, we can't forget China Town! I think I can speak for all of us when I say we won't be going back there! The next day we headed to the beach in the morning and then on to the cruise ship. We ate way too much food and had a blast. The next morning we woke up in Catalina Island with 70 degree weather and I laid out most of the day. It was the perfect temp. Ensenada was the following day and it was a little scary! The minute we got off the tour bus this truck full of Mexican soldiers and their assault rifles were driving down the street. That wasn't the only truck we saw like that that day either!! We bargained with the Mexicans and got our "good deals." James couldn't stop laughing at the guy that kept telling him the sunglasses he was looking at were "almost free!" The last day was on the ship and we went dancing, hot tubbing, and just relaxed. It was a good vacation. It was really hard leaving Sheridyn for that long, and I was missing her a lot. So it's good to be back!


3 comments:

Amber Chappell said...

Hey are you guys all wearing "almost free" sunglasses? If so it looks like you got a pretty good deal.

NATE, SARAH, AND JORDAN said...

I totally agree wtih you on the after the final rose show. I liked thinking that they were in love and happy. Mellissa was a cute girl and I still like her more than Molly. It was getting late and Jordan was so grouchy and tired I don't think I could have stayed anyway. I had a blast though it was so much fun to get together. I miss hanging out with friends.

Braden and Jodee said...

Hey Brittany! Good to see you :) Glad you found my blog, and we can keep tabs now! Your family is cute. Crazy that our little sisters are married! Weirds me out. I'm going to add you to my links if you don't mind.