Friday, February 6, 2009

Sheridyn's New Do & Mad at Congress

I'm so excited Sheridyn's hair is finally getting long enough to play with! We have been waiting for 2 years! She is so patient with me and lets me play with it and do all sorts of things. Today we tried something new and thought it turned out pretty cute. I'm also so excited that her hair is so curly I just love it. I found this fun blog that has lots of girl hair do's, of course Sheridyn's hair is way too short for most of them but some work for now. The blog is
http://shedoeshair.blogspot.com/

by the way, when you go to her blog scroll down to the very bottom of her first page and read about the "February 10th" issue. Luckily they have put this law on hold for another year for revisions, but still we need to fight it! I along with many many others will be out of business, due to the costs of lead testing. The law is very outrages and would make it so you couldn't even sale your used baby items in a garage sale without having it tested for lead which costs 100's of dollars per item! Everyone needs to fight the Consumer Product Safety Commission on this law from passing even if you don't have a baby store. It affects everybody, and prices for baby items are going to skyrocket!!! I can't believe that congress would try to pass something this crazy, especially during such hard times for everyone right now. I understand the concern of lead in some baby toys that are from China, but to have every item (even material, thread, ribbon etc.) that is handmade here in America have to be tested for lead is crazy. The only way to let ourselves be heard to is write our congressman, Jim Matheson. Here is the website to do that

https://forms.house.gov/matheson/contact.shtml

2 comments:

Brooke Bennett said...

Make sure and read the post that she did after that one. They put new clarifications on it. Small businesses will not be affected or garage sales or anything like that. They did the clarification weeks ago.

The Bates said...

Oh cute Hair!! I dont think lainey would have the patience to let me do that!